Black Friday Offers

Flexi CSS Layouts for Dreamweaver Forum

box Flexi CSS Layouts for Dreamweaver
The new Flexi Layouts 2 is the only drag-and-drop Dreamweaver extension for creating complete web pages visually. With FlexiLayouts 2 you can easily create your layout structure, add content, edit texts and style your web page without writing a line of code.

Find out more about Flexi CSS Layouts for Dreamweaver

Thread: Migrating to new computer? flexilayout hanging

title left
User Details
phil gadd

post date:
2013-02-20 04:30:23
HiI rec'd a new mac yesterday and used the migration assistant to transfer everything over to the new machine.The flexilayout 2 plugin was not visible so I installed the .mxp file again and that appears in dreamweaver BUT when i hit the 'Create/edit layout' or 'Insert template' the flexilayout panel just hangs and doesnt do anything!can you help?Thanks
Elena Tepardea [Extend Studio]

post date:
2013-02-20 05:48:28
Hi,Can you tell me the DW version and the Flexi Layouts version that you have currently installed on your computer?Can you check if your DW site is located on a local network, an external HD or a Phantom HD?I look forward to hear from you.Regards,Elena Tepardea
phil gadd

post date:
2013-02-20 13:21:56
Hiits DW cs6, site is on external hard drivethanks

post date:
2013-02-21 05:19:33
Hi, That is the reason why it doesn't work, because of the site location. Please make a DW site directly on your HD (Documents folser for example) and let me know if you still have issues.Regards,Elena Tepardea
phil gadd

post date:
2013-02-21 15:56:42
Hi elena, I transferred the sites a few weeks ago and I set up a site last week on the hard drive and it worked fine?It seems since I migrated over to my new mac that its not quite working

post date:
2013-02-22 05:20:46
Hello,It's not working even if you move the site on the local HD?Maybe we can make a desktop sharing session so that we can see what exactly causes that.We are on GMT + 2 Eastern Europe and we work from 10:30 AM to 06:30 PM.Let me know when you are available.I look forward to hear from you.Regards,Elena Tepardea
phil gadd

post date:
2013-02-22 16:31:12
Hi ElanaI found the problem. When I started using my 'new' imac 27" I started as a new user, then after I set this up I used the 'migration assistant to upload/install all my previous mac settings/docs/applications etc.For some reason, when I am logged on to my 'migrated user' settings, I have to go in and change the access to the folders to accept the 'old' logo in settings and voila, Flexilayouts 2 works fine from the external HD.Was hoping their was a global setting I can change but I will speak to the apple people. As it stands the problem is solved :-)

post date:
2013-02-25 07:16:33
Hello,I am glad that it works now. However, when loading the site from an external HD you may encounter issues with images. If that happens try to move the site somewhere on the local HD.If you need assistance with anything else, let me know. Regards,Elena Tepardea