FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition Forum

box FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition
FusionCharts is a Dreamweaver Charting Extension that can be used to render data-driven & animated charts for web applications and presentations. FusionChartsDW is a cross-browser and cross-platform solution that can be used with ASP.VB, PHP, and ColdFusion to deliver interactive and powerful flash charts.

Find out more about FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition

Thread: Deployment Not Working

title left
User Details
John Trinkle

post date:
2009-07-31 12:23:24
Using DW CS$ and FC I created a temporary database table that is used to populate a FC on another floating page. If the user wants to graphically view the data they click a link to the FC page. This works great on my local host. When I uploaded the web pages and database to a hosting service all works well except for the chart. I get no error messages, the chart displays but there is no data populating the chart. This may be important. The hosting service requires that I change the database name to their format and it is different than on my local host. If that is the problem then how do I change the FC files to recognize a different db name?rnrn
Andrei Rinciog [Extend Studio]

post date:
2009-08-03 10:20:29
Hello John,You need to update the database name when you create the database connection for your website. If you use PHP then you have to insert the new database name, user and password in the connection php that you have. If you ASP you need to replace them in the connection string. FusionCharts don’t connect directly to the database, it uses the connection that you have created in Dreamweaver.Regards,Andrei Rinciog