FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition Forum

box FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition
FusionCharts is a Dreamweaver Charting Extension that can be used to render data-driven & animated charts for web applications and presentations. FusionChartsDW is a cross-browser and cross-platform solution that can be used with ASP.VB, PHP, and ColdFusion to deliver interactive and powerful flash charts.

Find out more about FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition

Thread: Chart Loaiding in a Page

title left
User Details
Marc Evans

post date:
2009-06-20 17:02:27
I downloaded the trial version to check it out and I liked it so I bought the ASP developer edition because I liked the idea of being able to pull the information from a database some time in the future when I get better at using the program.rnrnAnyway, I uninstalled the trial version and installed the bought version using the Adode Extension Manager. Set up a site on IIS 7 through Dreamweaver, opened up the Chart Extension, imported an XML file, made all my changes, liked the preview, clicked on "OK" .... nothing happened.rnrnThe code was not inserted into my page, the required files were not copied to my site and my changes were not saved, so I wasted all of my time.rnrnAny idea what I did wrong ...?
Marc Evans

post date:
2009-06-20 23:08:25
As a follow up, Icompletely read the documentation and I do not have the correct version.My interface does not look like it should and I no options to create Dynamic Charts.My interface looks exactly like the trial without the nagware.
Andrei Rinciog [Extend Studio]

post date:
2009-06-22 06:29:46
Hello,You can insert a dynamic chart only inside a page that uses server technology. Create a PHP or ASP page and then you will be able to insert dynamic charts. You can insert dynamic charts exactly the same like static charts, using the buttons on the insert bar. I don’t know exactly what you did when you’ve tried to insert that chart and nothing happened. Have this occurred more than once? Regards,Andrei Rinciog
Marc Evans

post date:
2009-06-22 07:59:58
I have 4 testing servers, 2 locally, IIS7 and Apache plus 2 remote servers. The extension in Dreamweaver will not upload any information when I click OK.I only have 4 options on the extension interface inside DW.Insert Simple Chart.Insert Composed Chart.Edit Chart.Delete Chart.I have no "dynamic" information and I believe the file I downloaded is the wrong one.

post date:
2009-06-22 12:07:19
Hello,Create a new file in dreamweaver and select the page type to be php or asp. If you create a new HTML page it won't display the dynamic buttons. Where have you downloaded the package and what was the name of the package ?Regards,Andrei Rinciog
Marc Evans

post date:
2009-06-22 15:40:10
Marc Evans

post date:
2009-06-22 15:41:48
I downloaded the prgram from your link.FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition ASP VB Developer License 1 website.I have tried ASP and PHP, no luck.

post date:
2009-06-23 12:45:23
Hello again,Could we set up a desktop sharing session ? Regards,Andrei Rinciog
Marc Evans

post date:
2009-06-23 17:01:59
OK, I am in the US, I am available from 6:00 AM - 8:00 AM CST on weekdays.The program is on my home computer.
Marc Evans

post date:
2009-06-24 08:36:10
Please check out this URL, it shows what I have compared to what your site says I should have. I am using DW - CS4.http://marcevans.me/fusion.htm

post date:
2009-06-24 08:49:03
Hello Marc,If you have time, please send me a telephone number at support at extendstudio.com so I can call you and set a desktop sharing session.Regards,Andrei