Halloween Offers

FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition Forum

box FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition
FusionCharts is a Dreamweaver Charting Extension that can be used to render data-driven & animated charts for web applications and presentations. FusionChartsDW is a cross-browser and cross-platform solution that can be used with ASP.VB, PHP, and ColdFusion to deliver interactive and powerful flash charts.

Find out more about FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition

Thread: Can Fusion Charts handle tables that are created with NULL data�

title left
User Details
Eric

post date:
2009-05-24 03:44:11
Hi All, rnI am using the Fusion Charts v3 evaluation and so far the product is GREAT!rnBut I have come across one major problem ( for me at least)rn rnMy web application allows users to Register, Log in, and enter their performace data and they will see the resulting graphics using your product.rnThe problem is, if the user has not entered any data ( as is the case with all new users) they will get the below error.rn rnI figured out that if I populate the new users tables with a value other than NULL ( Zero for example) the charts will be displayed (with Zero Value of course)rnBut I dont want to have to pre-populate every user account and each corresponding tables with Zero values. Is there a way for Fusion Charts to ignore NULL data in a data base?rn rnBTW: My dev environment consist of :rn rnWindows Vista rnrnColdfusion 8rnDreamweaver CS3rnMS SQL 2008rnrnrnrnYou have attempted to dereference a scalar variable of type class java.lang.String as a structure with members. rn rn rnThe error occurred in C:\ColdFusion8\wwwroot\Atlas\includes\FusionCharts\dynamic\DWFChart.cfc: line 270rnCalled from C:\ColdFusion8\wwwroot\Atlas\FitnessJournal\VitalsSummary.cfm: line 59rnCalled from C:\ColdFusion8\wwwroot\Atlas\FitnessJournal\VitalsSummary.cfm: line 44rnCalled from C:\ColdFusion8\wwwroot\Atlas\FitnessJournal\VitalsSummary.cfm: line 1rn rn268 : <cfset this.addCategoryDataFromInterval()>rn269 : <cfelse>rn270 : <cfif this.categories['rs'].RecordCount GT 0>rn271 : <cfset this.addCategoryDataFromRS()>rn272 : <cfelse>rn rn
Eric

post date:
2009-05-24 03:45:26
Eric

post date:
2009-05-24 03:47:52
There seems to be markup code in the first post.Hi All, I am using the Fusion Charts v3 evaluation and so far the product is GREAT!But I have come accross one major problem ( for me at least) My web application allows users to Register, Log in, and enter their performace data and they will see the resulting graphics using your product.The problem is, if the user has not entered any data ( as is the case with all new users) they will get the below error. I figured out that if I populate the new users tables with a value other than NULL ( Zero for example) the charts will be displayed (with Zero Value of course)But I dont want to have to pre-populate every user account and each corresponding tables with Zero values. Is there a way for Fusion Charts to ignore NULL data in a data base? BTW: My dev environment consist of : Windows Vista Coldfusion 8Dreamweaver CS3MS SQL 2008Error Occurred While Processing Request You have attempted to dereference a scalar variable of type class java.lang.String as a structure with members. The error occurred in C:ColdFusion8wwwrootAtlasincludesFusionChartsdynamicDWFChart.cfc: line 270Called from C:ColdFusion8wwwrootAtlasFitnessJournalVitalsSummary.cfm: line 59Called from C:ColdFusion8wwwrootAtlasFitnessJournalVitalsSummary.cfm: line 44Called from C:ColdFusion8wwwrootAtlasFitnessJournalVitalsSummary.cfm: line 1 268 : <cfset this.addCategoryDataFromInterval()>269 : <cfelse>270 : <cfif this.categories['rs'].RecordCount GT 0>271 : <cfset this.addCategoryDataFromRS()>272 : <cfelse>
Andrei Rinciog [Extend Studio]

post date:
2009-05-28 07:44:40
Hello Eric,This was indeed a bug on our part, I'll send you a fixed package by email. We will also update the package on our website, if anybody has this problem it should first download and install the newest package.Regards,Andrei