Halloween Offers

FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition Forum

box FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition
FusionCharts is a Dreamweaver Charting Extension that can be used to render data-driven & animated charts for web applications and presentations. FusionChartsDW is a cross-browser and cross-platform solution that can be used with ASP.VB, PHP, and ColdFusion to deliver interactive and powerful flash charts.

Find out more about FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition

Thread: Recordset fields are not offered

title left
User Details

post date:
2012-02-20 14:09:59
Dear Sir/Madam,I am very interested in your product, but when trying the "trial version" the interface is able to "find" recordsets I´ve created in my (ASP VB) page, but it cannot "find" the fields ("columns" in your interface) of these recordsets. Please help.Regards,Fábio.
Andrei Rinciog [Extend Studio]

post date:
2012-02-22 08:03:55
Hello, Have you tried adding "AS" statements in the SQL for the fields? Kind regards,Andrei Rinciog

post date:
2012-02-22 09:19:11
Hi, Andrei.Thanks for the reply/suggestion. I´ve tried it without success.Please have a look on the messages (below) I´ve had with Horea to help you both try to solve this issue. I´m looking forward to solving this problem to be able to buy your product and start using it in my website.Regards,Fábio.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hi Horea,Thanks for the quick reply.Yes, the problem is exactly what you´ve mentioned. This is happening with every recordset I create, even the most simple of all: bringing fields from a small table.I´m working with SQL server 2008 (I´m an experienced user of it) and "ASP VBScript" pages (also for many years).One query I´ve tried to use was "SELECT * FROM dbo.Materials_1" (where Materials_1 is the name of a table) , for instance...The recordset generated by DW was:<%Dim rsTestDim rsTest_cmdDim rsTest_numRowsSet rsTest_cmd = Server.CreateObject ("ADODB.Command")rsTest_cmd.ActiveConnection = MM_conn_server_STRINGrsTest_cmd.CommandText = "SELECT * FROM dbo.Materials_1" rsTest_cmd.Prepared = trueSet rsTest = rsTest_cmd.ExecutersTest_numRows = 0%>And of course the connection to my server database is working properly.Thank you for the support,Fábio.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hi Fabio, So the problem is that you can see your recordsets in the interface but the columns menu does not get populated with the columns in your recordset, right? Is this happening with all the recordsets or only one of them? What kind of database and what server model are you using (PHP, ASP)? Also, could you, please send me the queries that you are using in the recordsets? We had a similar problem before on ASP – for some types of queries the extension failed to retrieve the columns. Best regards,Horea RADU Extend Studio
Elena Tepardea [Extend Studio]

post date:
2012-02-25 07:24:39
Hello,We are still investigating this issue and will come back tou you with a solution as soon as possible.Thank you for understanding!Regards,Elena Tepardea

post date:
2012-02-27 11:51:28
Thanks A LOT for your support, Elena (and Andrei).I am really very impressed with the product, therefore please do contact me as soon as this issue is solved because I´m determined to use/acquire it!Regards,Fábio.
M Lawrence

post date:
2012-03-01 11:50:07
I am having the same issue, using Coldfusion 9.0 dataset, SQL Server 2008 R2 and DW CS5.5

post date:
2012-03-02 05:32:23
Hello,We are still investigating this and we are currently making more tests to see exactly why this happens. As soon as we find a solution we will let you know!Thank you for your patience and for the interest in our products!Regards,Elena Tepardea
Horea Radu [Extend Studio]

post date:
2012-03-02 07:04:30
Hi Fabio,When you test the recordset in DW (by clicking the "Test" button in the recordset dialog) does it work? Also, please try the following SQLs"SELECT * FROM Materials_1" - without the "dbo." in front of the table name"SELECT column_A, column_B FROM Materials_1" - with specific column names instead of *Please let me know if any of these work.Regards,Horea
M Lawrence

post date:
2012-03-02 12:13:36
I found a fix for this issue. The problem is with the RDS settings in ColdFusion. Open the web.xml file in your WEB-INF directory in Coldfusion. There are two RDS sections that are commented out. Remove the comment tags on both. Restart ColdFusion it should fix it. This worked on my local production server. Mlawrence

post date:
2012-03-02 14:51:46
Hi, Horea.Thanks for the effort!The recordset in DW was always working (question 1), I remember that selecting specific column names (question 3) was NOT working (when I tested before, more on this below) and now I cannot check about question 2... why? NOW the problem is "miraculously" solved at the first try. In other words, I (re) created the recordset, pressed the first FusionCharts pallete button and not only the name rsTest of the recordset appeared in the dropdownlist box (as before), but also the fields of it below it, as expected. (Therefore my question could be considered closed!!)Well, perhaps there IS a reason for this "miracle". While you were/are dealing with this issue, I´ve dowload the FusionChart tutorial that works WITHOUT DW, and I was/am learning the programming stuff, creating the pages with different charts, etc, and PERHAPS some files, when run, produced something that made the extension work (?)... I´m really sorry I cannot give you any better hints... anyway, I will buy your product, as mentioned before, at the begining of next week!Thanks A LOT and success,Fábio.

post date:
2012-03-12 21:04:13
Hi, Horea/Elena!I would like to buy your product, but I have some doubts on the choice I should make. Could you please write me a private message so that I can explain it further?Thank you very much,Fábio.

post date:
2012-03-13 10:03:13
Hello Fabio,I have sent you a private message as requested.You can write us an e-mail anytime to support [at] extendstudio.com and one of our support engineers will assist you.Best Regards,Elena Tepardea

post date:
2012-03-26 21:29:51
Hello, Elena.I´ve bought your Fusion Charts DW extension, but although I received an email confirming my purchase, I cannot find the product on the "My orders" section of the pos-login website.Could you please check that?Thank you,Fábio.
Fabio Skilnik

post date:
2012-03-26 21:45:25
Now it´s there... Thanks!

post date:
2012-03-27 07:06:54
Hello Fabio,And apologizes for the late answer. I am glad that you have found the extension under your account. It is possible that you have more accounts and you have to check in all of them. If you ever forget any of your account info don't hesitate to send us an e-mail to support[at]extendstudio.com and one of our support engineers will send you the login info back.Best Regards,Elena Tepardea

post date:
2012-03-27 09:19:33
Hi, Elena.Thanks for the reply and assistance.Is it possible that the trial version, now overwritten by the full version, "disturbs" the usage of the full version?I ask you because I "deactivated" the trial version, through DW manager extension, and then I installed the full version through the same tool. Did I proceed correctly?Thank you and best regards,Fábio.

post date:
2012-03-28 07:04:49
Hello Fabio,It is reccomended that you first remove the demo using Extension Manager - DW main menu> Commands> Manage Extensions, and then install the full version from your account. After that, the pop-up window will appear asking you for the serial number. However, if you have overwritten it without uninstalling the demo it shouldn't cause any issues.Let me know if you need more assistance!Regards,Elena Tepardea

post date:
2012-03-28 07:16:08
Hi Elena,I did exactly as you recommended, the pop-up window appeared and my serial number was approved. Great!Thanks for the assistance.Regards,Fábio.
Adrian

post date:
2012-10-11 11:39:29
HelloI am trying to create a dynamic chart using ASP.If I use a variable in my SELECT statement (as shown below), I will never get the Columns of my Recordset. The recordset displays fine.Here is the query that is being used to as a basis of my chart:<%Dim rsGraph__var1rsGraph__var1 = "-1"If (request.querystring("oncall") <> "") Then rsGraph__var1 = request.querystring("oncall")End If%><%Dim rsGraphDim rsGraph_cmdDim rsGraph_numRowsSet rsGraph_cmd = Server.CreateObject ("ADODB.Command")rsGraph_cmd.ActiveConnection = MM_DCS_STRINGrsGraph_cmd.CommandText = "select count(*) as Totals, calltakenby from pacstrack where oncall=? group by calltakenby" rsGraph_cmd.Prepared = truersGraph_cmd.Parameters.Append rsGraph_cmd.CreateParameter("param1", 200, 1, 255, rsGraph__var1) ' adVarCharSet rsGraph = rsGraph_cmd.ExecutersGraph_numRows = 0%>The "oncall" parameter gets its value from a variable "var1". If I hard code the "oncall" variable to either Y or N and remove "var1" that will read the parameter passed, the Columns will display. If I use the "var1", no columns display.In order for me to make it work, I will have to hard code my query and not use any varaiables, create the chart and save my page, then go back to my recordset and re-edit my query by introducing the variables var1, var2, etc and save the page again. The chart will display, but if I try to edit the chart, the columns will not be displayed.The workaround seems to do the trick but I was wondering if there is something else that can be done to make this process easier.ThanksAdrian

post date:
2012-10-12 12:02:06
Hello,The Fusion Charts team is checking it. I wil get back to you as soon as possible.Best Regards,Elena Tepardea
Horea Radu [Extend Studio]

post date:
2012-10-17 06:47:28
Hi,Did you try putting the parameter value between quotes? Something like "... where oncall='?' group by ... " ?Best regards,Horea RADU
Adrian

post date:
2012-10-17 16:02:26
Hi HoreaI did include the single quotes but Dreamweaver removes them automatically when a recordset is created. Even if I edit the recordset by adding the quotes, FusionCharts will not see the columns.ThanksAdrian

post date:
2012-11-07 05:57:32
Hello again,Sorry for the late reply. We have tried to reproduce the issue on our computer, but with no success. Would you be available for a desktop sharing session tomorrow, so that we can get into your computer and see what happens there?Let me know and I will send you more details by e-mail.Regards,Elena Tepardea