FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition Forum

box FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition
FusionCharts is a Dreamweaver Charting Extension that can be used to render data-driven & animated charts for web applications and presentations. FusionChartsDW is a cross-browser and cross-platform solution that can be used with ASP.VB, PHP, and ColdFusion to deliver interactive and powerful flash charts.

Find out more about FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition

Thread: refresh content with ajax

title left
User Details
Julia

post date:
2011-08-11 08:26:30
hi,similar to other post below. i need to refresh the content box where my graph is in based on a form filter so that the whole page does not refresh.can you help please?many thanks
Andrei Rinciog [Extend Studio]

post date:
2011-08-11 10:19:19
Hello Julia, I'm sorry but this is outside of the functionality of our product and I can't help you with the specifics of the code. However, you can find plenty tutorials on how to use AJAX to load part of a page, on the internet. Search for one and if you get into problems when you try to use it with our chart extension let me know and I will help you out. Regards,Andrei Rinciog
Julia

post date:
2011-08-11 11:19:54
i found this on the net:<script> $(document).ready(function() { $("#responsecontainer").load("../../includes/custom/shout_div.php"); var refreshId = setInterval(function() { $("#responsecontainer").load('../../includes/custom/shout_div.php?randval='+ Math.random()), escape($('input#search').val()); }, 2000);});</script>this was for a chat window, is it possible to have it work with the graphs?inside a div or something?thanks

post date:
2011-08-12 06:09:25
Hello Julia, Yes, you can use that same code for a page with charts. Add a chart to a PHP page and use the same system as above and it should work with no problems. Regards,Andrei Rinciog
Julia

post date:
2011-08-19 10:51:03
thanks. however this is for a timer, i would need it to filter when a form was submitted (filter above the graph) do you not have thsi in one of your demos? so you should have the code for this?thanks

post date:
2011-08-21 11:15:58
Hello Julia, This is a tutorial that shows how to filter data based on variables from a form: http://www.extendstudio.com/dynamic-web-charts-dreamweaver-fusioncharts-developer/Tutorial_Filtering_Charts_data_FusionCharts_Dreamweaver_PHP_%20vars.htmlTell me if I can help you with anything else. Regards,Andrei Rinciog
Julia

post date:
2011-08-25 11:09:31
thanks andrei yes if you can show a way to refresh only the graph or are around the graph and not the whole page?thanks again the product is great.
Julia

post date:
2011-08-25 16:01:52
hi andrei, i have looked at your tutorial and your whole page does not refresh only the graph so could you give the code which does this?or are you not using any javascript to do this? is it just and include of a page inside a page and that is how it does not look like the full page is refreshing?thanks again