FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition Forum

box FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition
FusionCharts is a Dreamweaver Charting Extension that can be used to render data-driven & animated charts for web applications and presentations. FusionChartsDW is a cross-browser and cross-platform solution that can be used with ASP.VB, PHP, and ColdFusion to deliver interactive and powerful flash charts.

Find out more about FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition

Thread: multi series chart

title left
User Details
Julia

post date:
2011-06-01 11:10:37
hi,first time trying a multi series chart and just looking for some help or examples on how to do it.i looked at the advanced sql generator and not sure how this would work to be honest.currently i have 2 recordsets, but i assume all the recordsets must all have a count if the other 2 have a count based on the x label which is shown?also need some help if this is possible.we store multiple product ids in columns which get their column id from category idso we have products table with Productid and productnamethen we have categories table with categoryid and categorynamein the members table we have it when a new category is created it automatically in the php mysql application creates a column in members with "Catid" and this will be catid1 and so on as it gets it from the categoryid.when users select using multi check boxes on the screen the products, it inserts the productids for that category into the catid column in members table.i want to be able to run a report of in a graph showing top products selected from categories in the memebrs table. in multi series if possible.many thanks
Andrei Rinciog [Extend Studio]

post date:
2011-06-01 12:03:18
Hello,Have you checked our example here: http://www.extendstudio.com/dynamic-web-charts-dreamweaver-fusioncharts-developer/Tutorial_Filtering_Charts_data_FusionCharts_Dreamweaver_PHP_%20vars.html ?It shows you how to filter data using a month parameter taken from a form on the page. I think this can all be done from just one query. However, I didn't quite understand what you want to display in your chart. Please tell me exactly what information from your database you want the chart to display and based on what parameters. Regards,Andrei Rinciog
Julia

post date:
2011-06-21 14:29:06
hi andrei,scrap my upper post the structure was just not right.basically what i want to do is show in a multi series chart some data from the database however following your tutorial it only really helps me if i use your structure.what i want to know is how i can do it with multiple recordsets.ok so what i have is a table for jobs that are added into the systemthis holds the key things "JobNumber", "PartID", "SupplierID"i want to show the most used in jobs. so joining the suppliers table to get the suppliername and joining parts table to get partname.i want to show in a multi series the suppliername, partname and do a count on jobnumber in jobs table to show in a multi column with line graph.can you help me do the query i need and the steps i need to have fusion charts list this? many thanks
Andrei Rinciog [Extend Studio]

post date:
2011-06-22 09:19:02
Hello Julia, Do you have a fix number of parts or it's different for each supplier? If you have a fixed number of parts it's easier to do this as you can create a recordset for each part and add each one as series. So, you would have the main recordset that gets the suppliers from the jobs table: SELECT suppliers.suppliername as supplier FROM jobs, suppliers WHERE jobs.suppliersID = suppliers.id GROUP BY jobs.suppliersIDThe recordset for each part would look like:SELECT count(jobs.jobnumber) as name_of_partFROM jobsWHERE jobs.partID = 6 (you'll change this for each part)GROUP BY jobs.supplierIDAfter you create all the recorsets you need, create a new fusion chart. Add the "supplier" column from the first recordset as category and then the count column from each other recordset as series. Regards,Andrei Rinciog