Halloween Offers

FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition Forum

box FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition
FusionCharts is a Dreamweaver Charting Extension that can be used to render data-driven & animated charts for web applications and presentations. FusionChartsDW is a cross-browser and cross-platform solution that can be used with ASP.VB, PHP, and ColdFusion to deliver interactive and powerful flash charts.

Find out more about FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition

Thread: many dots before include statement in ASP

title left
User Details
Sheldon M Bloch

post date:
2011-05-12 09:56:28
There is one bug that I code around. when I set up a graph the include in the ASP has many dots before the actual include. When you execute the ASP page it bombs. I then remove the extra data before the include and it works fine.Do you know why it does this. Thank you example<!--#include file="................./...../includes/FusionCharts/dynamic/DWFChart.inc.asp" 'fusion charts include -->
Andrei Rinciog [Extend Studio]

post date:
2011-05-12 13:06:40
Hello,I think it has something to do with the location of your page relative to where the "includes" folder is positioned. Give me your folder structure from your server.Regards,Andrei Rinciog
Sheldon M Bloch

post date:
2011-05-12 13:14:40
folderC:InetpubwwwrootDashboardSearchDashboardSearchMS.aspwebhttp://localhost/dashboardsearch/DashboardSearchMS.asp
Sheldon M Bloch

post date:
2011-05-12 13:16:20
folderC:InetpubwwwrootDashboardSearchDashboardSearchMS.aspwebhttp://localhost/dashboardsearch/DashboardSearchMS.asp

post date:
2011-05-13 04:55:41
Hello again, And where is the includes folder placed? Inside the folder dashboardsearch? Where does your Dreamweaver site has the root folder? In the DashboardSearch folder? Regards,Andrei Rinciog
Sheldon M Bloch

post date:
2011-05-13 09:18:37
Yes - Yes

post date:
2011-05-16 05:27:34
Hello, Does this happen in other websites as well? Do you think we could do a desktop sharing session so we can take a look at what's happening there? Regards,Andrei Rinciog
Sheldon M Bloch

post date:
2011-05-16 09:38:11
It happens on all websites. My company does not allow sharing.I am able to fix the problem manually. It is just another step I know to do.You have not heard of this problem before?Below is the code created<!--#include file="../../../../../../../includes/FusionCharts/dynamic/DWFChart.inc.asp" 'fusion charts include --><%

post date:
2011-05-17 06:01:34
Hello again,Have you changed the website in Dreamweaver before updating the chart? It seems like there is a bug involving site changing. If you change the site and then update a chart in the new site, the extension thinks it's located in the previous site. You can workaround this by closing Dreamweaver and opening it directly in the site with the chart before you edit it. Regards,Andrei Rinciog
Sheldon M Bloch

post date:
2011-05-17 09:33:47
Sheldon M Bloch

post date:
2011-05-17 09:35:37
That could be the answer.I will check it out.Since I know how fix the code it was not limiting me.You have a great product. Thank you.