Winter Holidays Sale 2014

FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition Forum

box FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition
FusionCharts is a Dreamweaver Charting Extension that can be used to render data-driven & animated charts for web applications and presentations. FusionChartsDW is a cross-browser and cross-platform solution that can be used with ASP.VB, PHP, and ColdFusion to deliver interactive and powerful flash charts.

Find out more about FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition

Thread: Evaluation: Not Working

title left
User Details

post date:
2011-01-19 14:47:18
Hello - Trying to evaluate this product.rnrnProblem: When trying to define the data (under the data tab), I can see and select all my recordsets - but the "column" drop down boxes remain blank. So, I can't select any columns from any recordset I may select.rnrnWorkstation: DW CS5, Windows 2007 64 bit. rnDevelopment Environment: Classic ASP, VB Script, SQL Server 2005.rnrnYes, the datasets are properly configured in DW. They pull up just fine under the "bindings" window, including listing all the columns and returning test data properly. So, there is not an issue connecting to the database, etc.rnrnIs this a limitation with the eval version? Or, does the eval version not like/work with datasets created by calling stored procedures (which is how all datasets should be returned for security purposes - rather than by direct SQL statements in the code). All our datasets are returned via a called stored procedure.rnrnThank you.

post date:
2011-01-19 15:08:58
Hello - I have confirmed the error. FusionCharts for DW is unable to read columns from a DW recordset, if that recordset was created by a call to stored procedure. It works fine if the DW recordset was created by straight SQL statements.For example, our datasets are created using the following (simplified to explain):Set rs_cmd = Server.CreateObject ("ADODB.Command")rs_cmd.ActiveConnection = MM_data_STRINGrs_cmd.CommandText = "{call schema.procedure_name(?,?,?)}" rs_cmd.Prepared = truers_cmd.Parameters.Append rs_cmd.CreateParameter("param1", 200, 1, 255, rs__param1) ' adVarChar...and so on.Using the parameterized stored procedure call is done for security reasons, but it still returns a dataset - same as if you replaced the CommandText method with "SELECT * FROM schema.table".Is this something FusionCharts for DW will be adding - i.e. support for recordsets derived from stored procedure calls? If so, how long until such support is available? For now, we cannot use the product - as this is a critical function for us - but the other parts of the product look very strong.Thanks.
Andrei Rinciog [Extend Studio]

post date:
2011-01-21 05:59:08
Hello, We will take this into consideration for a future update. We'll have to check what exactly doesn't work and what changes are required to make it work.Regards,Andrei Rinciog