Easter Sale ! -20 on bundles and top extensions !

FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition Forum

box FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition
FusionCharts is a Dreamweaver Charting Extension that can be used to render data-driven & animated charts for web applications and presentations. FusionChartsDW is a cross-browser and cross-platform solution that can be used with ASP.VB, PHP, and ColdFusion to deliver interactive and powerful flash charts.

Find out more about FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition

Thread: CS5 issues?

title left
User Details
chris

post date:
2011-01-05 23:54:26
2 questions:rnI downloaded the demo for Fusioncharts DW, installed the extension and no issues with the installation.rnI create an ASP page, with the recordsets and clicked on Fusioncharts simple chart I get a popup grey window.rnOn the window it would say FusionCharts for DW and that's it.rnIt's just a grey window with the name of the application.rnI've uninstalled, reinstalled the extension. I've also disabled it in the extension and then enabled it again. still only the grey window would show up. rnrnsecond there's a new version of Fusioncharts 3.2 with iPad support, would this be included?rnrnthanks in advance!
Andrei Rinciog [Extend Studio]

post date:
2011-01-06 04:31:52
Hello Chris, Probably the extension manager doesn't install the extension correctly. You can check the configuration folder of Dreamweaver to see if the files of the extension have placed correctly. You can find the path to the configuration folder here: http://www.extendstudio.com/documentation/creative-dw-vertical-menu/documentation/faq/faq2.html#cache_procedureIn that folder, check if you have any files in "Shared/FusionCharts". Tell me if you find anything. Regards,Andrei Rinciog
chris

post date:
2011-01-07 00:18:10
I've done as recommended, deleted the cache. even deleted anything fusioncharts in the folder ie Object and shared. then removed the extension and reinstalled. opened a saved ASP file and clicked on the insert simple chart but the window is still empty. another test I've tried was creating a blank HTML file, haven't saved it I then tried to insert a chart but it said that I need to create a site. at least we know that it does work somehow, once I saved the html file then I was able to try and insert a chart but its still blank empty. next I installed the same demo in a machine with CS4, problem with that is when I do CTRL-F2 it doesn't even show up. it's just odd. in the extension manager the version has it as 1.3.0. giving up on this would mean having to do manual coding of fusion charts so I'll try this on another machine tomorrow. let me know what else I can do.
chris

post date:
2011-01-07 00:49:12
ok, something fishy about your installers. I just downloaded CSS Panels and I got the same blank grey window. I downloaded and installed 'other' extensions from Adobe Exchange like Konductor, Spry Actions and Softery Menus and they all seem to work when you click on the window. The application opens up.
Andrei Rinciog [Extend Studio]

post date:
2011-01-07 06:16:40
Hello, Could we do a desktop sharing session so I can help you get the extension to work? Tell me when you would be available and I will send you instructions by email. Regards,Andrei Rinciog
chris

post date:
2011-01-07 21:21:30
I was able to install it on another machine with CS4, so we'll see from there. What I noticed was that once you click on the icon to insert the chart the window pop ups and it says 'loading ...' then 2 seconds in the rest of the app loads. This is what I don't see on the 2 computers. We'll demo the app and see what we can do from there. thanks!
chris

post date:
2011-01-20 13:13:23
ok, we got it working. reinstalled CS5 2x and voila! so, now I'm playing around with it, I have to fix the database and ensure that data is entered properly. thx for the help, now to play with it so we can purchase our copy!