Halloween Offers

FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition Forum

box FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition
FusionCharts is a Dreamweaver Charting Extension that can be used to render data-driven & animated charts for web applications and presentations. FusionChartsDW is a cross-browser and cross-platform solution that can be used with ASP.VB, PHP, and ColdFusion to deliver interactive and powerful flash charts.

Find out more about FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition

Thread: Auto Scaling Graphs and upside down graphs

title left
User Details
Russell Collins

post date:
2010-12-07 08:55:23
Hi,I've just purchased the dev version and was wondering if DW Charts can do auto scaling.ie not starting from 0 but from the lowest quantity in a set of data.The other is being able to have a graph upside down, as in having 0 at the top of a graph and working down the higher the value.RegardsRuss
Andrei Rinciog [Extend Studio]

post date:
2010-12-08 03:56:08
Hello Russel,There is a parameter called yAxisMinValue that you can use to set the lower limit of the chart. Or you can use setAdaptiveYMin parameter if you have static charts. The adaptive paramater should be available for dynamic charts as well but it seems not to function. I sent an email to the Fusion Charts developers to ask them if that parameter should work with dynamic charts. Both parameters I mentioned above are available from the interface, under the Chart Selection tab, chart limits category. You must enable advanced options. There is no option in our interface to rotate the chart upside down. I also asked this in the email. Once I get an answer I will post here. Regards,Andrei Rinciog
Russell Collins

post date:
2010-12-08 07:36:42
Thanks Andrei,I use a windows graphing program called "management by statistics"It has both of the functions.The management principles that many people use require that only an up statistic can go up and only a down statistic can go down.In other words if you have an increasing number of faulty goods it must show as a downward trending graph because it is a "down stat".As to the auto scaling, again the management principles require that the graph be zoomed in as much as possible to show greater detail of any trends that may not show if scaled from zero.I'm developing a web application that in some parts requires both of these functions.RegardsRussell Collinsps I thinks your range of plugins are sensational
Cristian Dorobantescu [Extend Studio]

post date:
2010-12-08 11:19:27
Hi Russell,We are investigating further with our tech team and will follow up ASAP.Cristian