Halloween Offers

FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition Forum

box FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition
FusionCharts is a Dreamweaver Charting Extension that can be used to render data-driven & animated charts for web applications and presentations. FusionChartsDW is a cross-browser and cross-platform solution that can be used with ASP.VB, PHP, and ColdFusion to deliver interactive and powerful flash charts.

Find out more about FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition

Thread: Rowset position cannot be restarted.

title left
User Details
Paul Oliver

post date:
2010-11-21 07:30:37
Hi,we are moving our company intranet to a new server and it is all going smoothly except for the fusion charts.I keep getting the following error message every time i try to load an existing chart.can you please help me out on thisRegardsPaul
Paul Oliver

post date:
2010-11-21 07:31:34
Sorry I forget to paste the error messageMicrosoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e18' Rowset position cannot be restarted. D:RIGIDNETCOSTESTIMATE../includes/FusionCharts/dynamic/DWFChart.inc.asp, line 378 regardsPaul
Andrei Rinciog [Extend Studio]

post date:
2010-11-22 05:31:10
Hello Paul, Are you sure that the recordsets used by the chart is still getting the data correctly from the server? Try to test them in Dreamweaver. Maybe you need to change the database connection string based on the fact that you are moving to a new server. "I keep getting the following error message every time i try to load an existing chart." You mean when you try to edit a chart or when you try to open a page with a chart on it? You receive the error in Dreamweaver or in a browser? Regards,Andrei Rinciog
Paul Oliver

post date:
2010-11-22 10:36:27
Hi Andrei,we use ODBC connections on our Intranet and I have set them up exactly as they are on the existing system.I get the error message when i try to view the page with the chart on it in a browserRegardsPaul

post date:
2010-11-22 12:22:36
Hello, Have you checked if the recordsets get the data correctly? Could you send us a copy of the page that gives you an error by email to support at extendstudio.com ? Regards, Andrei Rinciog
Paul Oliver

post date:
2010-11-22 13:10:04
Andrei,I actually have about 12 pages that are giving me the same error message from different ODBC sources and recordsetsRegardsPaul

post date:
2010-11-23 05:25:35
Hello Paul, In all those pages you have the same chart? Could you please send me one of the pages by email at support at extendstudio.com? Regards,Andrei Rinciog
Paul Oliver

post date:
2010-11-23 05:59:49
Hi Andrei,no each page has different charts, some pages have up to 4 different charts on themdo you want the page out of dreamweaver so that you can see the code ?RegardsPaul

post date:
2010-11-23 08:32:44
Hello Paul, Yes please. Send me a page so I can take a look at the code. Regards,Andrei Rinciog
Paul Oliver

post date:
2010-11-23 09:52:19
Hi Andrei,Just some info for youI use 2 querystring parameters for the recordsets on some of the pages, if i take out the querystring parameters and use static parameters then the charts load OK, however if I use the querystring variable parameters I get the error messageMicrosoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e18' Rowset position cannot be restarted. D:RIGIDNETOTIF../includes/FusionCharts/dynamic/DWFChart.inc.asp, line 378 RegardsPaul
Paul Oliver

post date:
2010-11-23 16:22:16
Hi Andrei,Another update for you, I have created a brand new page with 2 recordsets using exactly the same data.One recordset populates a table and the other recordset populates the chart, both recordsets have 2 filters based on a querystringthe table returns the data properly however, the chart gives me theRowset position cannot be restarted. Errortherefore i believe it is a problem with fusion chart and not my ODBC connection, recordsets etc.I really need to solve this issue as I have to have our intranet fully up and running on the new server by this week-end.As i said in my last post if I use static filters on the chart and not querystring filters then the chart populates correctly.I am sending 2 screen shots to the support e-mail address to show the difference.by the way if i use the querystring filter for the chart then my table does not display because of the Rowset position ErrorRegardsPaul
Paul Oliver

post date:
2010-11-24 05:42:17
Hi,can you give me an update on this issue pleaseRegardsPaul

post date:
2010-11-24 08:30:25
Hello Paul, Just sent you a fix package by email. Please confirm when you receive it. Regards,Andrei Rinciog