Halloween Offers

FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition Forum

box FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition
FusionCharts is a Dreamweaver Charting Extension that can be used to render data-driven & animated charts for web applications and presentations. FusionChartsDW is a cross-browser and cross-platform solution that can be used with ASP.VB, PHP, and ColdFusion to deliver interactive and powerful flash charts.

Find out more about FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition

Thread: Multiple Recordsets

title left
User Details
Kennan Wood

post date:
2010-10-01 15:08:38
How do I make a pie chart with multiple recordsets? I have 5 different recordsets that have different totals that I would like to place in a chart. Please help.
Andrei Rinciog [Extend Studio]

post date:
2010-10-04 06:55:30
Hello, I guess your recordsets are connected since you want to use them in a single chart. Isn't there any way you could get the data you need with a single recordset instead of 5? Regards,Andrei RInciog
Kennan Wood

post date:
2010-10-04 11:33:44
Andrei,No, the database has a field that takes various responses and I need to be able to sort out each response separately. I take it that the extension does not allow for multiple recordsets.Kennan

post date:
2010-10-07 04:34:35
Hello, You can use multiple recordsets but not on single series charts. And the pie chart is a single series chart. I still can't understand how your database is set up. The pie chart is like a comparison tool. It creates the chart based on the values multiple records of the same type. You can't use an aggregate function like "group by" ? Please tell me a little more of the structure of your database so I can be able to help you in more detail. Regards, Andrei Rinciog
Kennan Wood

post date:
2010-10-12 12:25:57
Andrei,The database is set up with a field called q1 which accepts answers from a survey of values from 1 to 5. I need to count all the 1s, 2s, 3s, 4s and 5s in that field separately. So this field has 6 responses of 1, 5 responses of 2, 0 responses for 3 and 4, and 2 responses for 5. The challenge is counting the responses in one recordset.Kennan
Kennan Wood

post date:
2010-10-12 12:43:40
Andrei,Maybe this will help: http://www.wiroundtable.org/summit/gov_results.aspThe Agree Strongly (1), Agree Somewhat (2), Disagree Somewhat(3), Disagree Strongly (4) and NA/NS (5) are the response options that need to be calculated and used in a chart. Each question is one field.Kennan

post date:
2010-10-13 04:28:28
Hello Kennan, I made a test on a table with two columns: "id" and "answer". My "answer" column has values from 1 to 5 just like your q1 column. To count the number of each response I used this query:SELECT count(id), answerFROM tableGROUP BY answerTry a similar query on your table and tell me if you get the results you want. Documentation for the GROUP BY function can be found here: http://www.w3schools.com/sql/sql_groupby.aspRegards,Andrei