Halloween Offers

FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition Forum

box FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition
FusionCharts is a Dreamweaver Charting Extension that can be used to render data-driven & animated charts for web applications and presentations. FusionChartsDW is a cross-browser and cross-platform solution that can be used with ASP.VB, PHP, and ColdFusion to deliver interactive and powerful flash charts.

Find out more about FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition

Thread: Help with multi series graph

title left
User Details
Mike Sayler

post date:
2010-03-08 22:55:41
I have a recordset query that pulls this data from a couple of tables:lastname amount year------------------------------------Jones 100 2010Jones 200 2011Jones 300 2012Smith 150 2010Smith 200 2011Smith 300 2012I would like a bar chart graph to show the amount for each sales rep by year side by side comparison. I am having a hard time figuring out how this is done. Any help would be great! Thanks.
Andrei Rinciog [Extend Studio]

post date:
2010-03-09 07:09:21
Hello Mike, Well, you need to have a different recordset for each sales rep to get this to work. Each recordset will get the values and years. For example, Smith's recordset will return: 150 2010200 2011300 2012Then you can plot that data by using the years column as a category and the values column as series. You have two possibilites. Either display a different chart for each sales rep like here: http://www.extendstudio.com/dynamic-web-charts-dreamweaver-fusioncharts-developer/Tutorial_Filtering_Charts_data_FusionCharts_Dreamweaver_PHP_%20vars.htmlOr, you can plot all the recordsets inside one chart. This can be done manually by inserting a new series for each recordset or dynamically from code. Tell me if you want me to help you set this up dynamically. Regards,Andrei
Mike Sayler

post date:
2010-03-09 09:32:50
Andrei,Thanks for the response. I had considered your first response and may use that as an option. However, I would like to display the year over year, side-by-side chart also. Doing it manually presents a problem because of the potential number of sales reps there could be. The chart would be need to be dynamic. I would appreiciate your help.Mike
Andrei Rinciog [Extend Studio]

post date:
2010-03-09 09:53:32
Hello Mike, Please send me a page with the recordset on it at support at extendstudio.com. If you could add a sample from your database that would be helpful. I will modify the page and send it back to you.Regards,Andrei
Mike Sayler

post date:
2010-03-09 10:36:23
Andrei,Just emailed you a sample DB and recordset query used. Thanks!Mike