FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition Forum

box FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition
FusionCharts is a Dreamweaver Charting Extension that can be used to render data-driven & animated charts for web applications and presentations. FusionChartsDW is a cross-browser and cross-platform solution that can be used with ASP.VB, PHP, and ColdFusion to deliver interactive and powerful flash charts.

Find out more about FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition

Thread: Cross between simple and dynamic chart

title left
User Details
Richard

post date:
2010-02-22 15:06:11
My data is calculated from data in a recordset. I then want to use that calculated data results ($sumtotal) in my chart. They dynamic chart wants data in the recordset via $recordset1, "value". How can I set my value using ($sumtotal)Thanks
Andrei Rinciog [Extend Studio]

post date:
2010-02-23 03:10:51
Hello Richard. I'm sorry but I don't quite understand the problem you have. The chart can display calculated columns like other columns. If you have a column that uses an aggregate function you just have to use that column as a series in the chart in order to plot it. So, create the recordset, select to retrieve the data from a recordset, insert the category column (usually the column that you use in 'group by') and then add the calculated columns as series. Tell me if you still have questions. Regards,Andrei Rinciog
Richard

post date:
2010-02-23 09:54:05
I am doing pretty complex calculations based on user settings on the page. Adding, subtracting multiplication by percentages and division depending on user settings. The result of this data is what I want in my chart. This resulting data is not stored in a recordset but created on the fly.I have it sort of working. I'm creating a simple chart then changing the xml data page to a php page and doing all my calculations on that page and outputting to the set labels. Its a bit of hand coding but so far its working, its just a bit cumbersome and making changes to chart from there on has to be manual coding.I'm sure there is a simple way to do this in the program but because of time constraints I just did it in the source code.Let me know if there is a simpler way for my future charts.
Andrei Rinciog [Extend Studio]

post date:
2010-02-25 06:34:16
Hi Richard, No, I'm afraid there isn't a simpler way to do this. If you want to modify the data outside of the query you have to do this in code.Kind regards,Andrei