FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition Forum

box FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition
FusionCharts is a Dreamweaver Charting Extension that can be used to render data-driven & animated charts for web applications and presentations. FusionChartsDW is a cross-browser and cross-platform solution that can be used with ASP.VB, PHP, and ColdFusion to deliver interactive and powerful flash charts.

Find out more about FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition

Thread: DynamicFusionCharts.js error

title left
User Details
Ben Spinler

post date:
2010-01-14 22:11:45
Why do I continually get this error when I go to the Commands button in Dreamweaver CS3? I'm running Designer Edition 1.2.0"The following JavaScript error(s) occurred:Unable to open script file "C:Program FilesAdobe.......JSDynamicFusionCharts.js" (error 3).
Cristian Dorobantescu [Extend Studio]

post date:
2010-01-15 03:52:29
Hi Ben,Have you tried a Dreamweaver cache cleaning procedure? Here is a short how to:http://www.extendstudio.com/documentation/creative-dw-tabbed-menu/documentation/faq/faq2.html#cache_procedureLet me know if it helps,Cristian
Ben Spinler

post date:
2010-01-15 09:32:17
Cristian,I gave that a go. Deleted the cache file but still no change.thanks,Ben
Ben Spinler

post date:
2010-01-15 09:45:52
This is pretty annoying because no matter what site file I have open I cannot use the commands button in Dreamweaver because this error comes up at least 4-5 times in a row and I can't reach any of the commands functions via the menu.
Andrei Rinciog [Extend Studio]

post date:
2010-01-15 11:09:29
Hello,You receive that error only when you press on one of the FusionCharts controls or if you press on any button from the insert bar?I think that the extension was not installed correctly? Has it ever worked?We can do a desktop sharing session if you want. Regards,Andrei
Ben Spinler

post date:
2010-01-15 11:22:26
only when I press the "Commands" button on the main row of Dreamweaver menu options. Not when I do anything else. Also, it said it installed correctly. How do we share desktops?thanks,Ben
Ben Spinler

post date:
2010-01-15 11:44:02
btw - yes - the extension seems to work fine - it does throw some errors too periodically. I can make the charts but there's something up. I had it installed on a laptop and created the charts. Now I've moved it to my desktop to see if that helps - but I still get the errors. Running Win XP with CS3 on both. I could probably live with it if it didn't hose up the Dreamweaver "Command" function for other sites I work on. Hope this makes sense.

post date:
2010-01-15 11:46:16
Hi,I will send more information by email.Regards,Andrei
Terry Montgomery

post date:
2010-03-13 13:12:01
I am attempting to install FusionCharts for DW/Designer on a new computer with Windows 7, which already has Dreamweaver CS4 installed. When I select Commands from the DW menu, I get the error: 'The following JavaScript error(s) occurred:Unable to open script file "C:/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Dreamweaver CS4/Configuration/Shared/Extend/DynamicFusionCharts.js" (error 3).' This error occurs 4-5 times each time Commands is selected. There is no folder named 'C:/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Dreamweaver CS4/Configuration/Shared/Extend/' on my computer. There is no file named 'DynamicFusionCharts.js' on my computer. Should DynamicFusionCharts.js even be included in the "Designer" version of FusionCharts? How do I get the error message to stop?Thanks,Terry

post date:
2010-03-15 07:28:18
Hello Terry,We had this problem reported before and we resolved it with the help of a desktop sharing. I could send you some instructions to this yourself but it's rather hard to explain exactly the process. Tell me if you want to have a desktop connection or if you want to try yourself first. Regards,Andrei
Terry Montgomery

post date:
2010-03-16 07:31:06
Hi Andrei,I have a desktop connection (TeamViewer) and am available to fix this problem.Thanks,Terry

post date:
2010-03-16 12:10:37
Hello Terry,Could we do this tomorrow? What time-zone are you in and between what hours you are available ? Regards,Andrei
Terry Montgomery

post date:
2010-03-16 12:22:52
Hi Andrei,Tomorrow is best. EST in the US. Any time from 7:00AM until 6:00PM.Thanks,Terry

post date:
2010-03-17 04:56:49
Hi Terry,I will send you an email later today. Regards,Andrei Rinciog
Gianluca Pesci

post date:
2011-03-29 07:31:11
Hi,I created this extension errors ... :(C:Program Files (x86)AdobeAdobe Dreamweaver CS4ConfigurationSharedExtendFusionChartsJSDynamicFusionCharts.js" (erreur 3)Regards,a+luca

post date:
2011-03-30 03:15:47
Hello Gianluca,Please tell me when you receive that error. When you insert the menu in a page? Regards,Andrei Rinciog
Gianluca Pesci

post date:
2011-03-30 04:01:06
Hi Andrei,solved the problem.The error was when I click on command ...Thanks,a+luca
Gianluca Pesci

post date:
2011-03-30 04:16:38
Hi Andrei,unsolved problem ...The problem is still there. When I click on the button dreamweaver "command" comes the error : C:Program Files (x86)AdobeAdobe Dreamweaver CS4ConfigurationSharedExtendFusionChartsJSDynamicFusionCharts.js" (erreur 3) ...a+lucaps: os win 7 dreamweaver cs4

post date:
2011-03-30 04:24:47
Hello,Please follow the path to the file that gives you the error. You will notice that you don't have a file called DynamicFusionCharts.js but just a file called FusionCharts.js.Make a copy of FusionCharts.js and rename it to DynamicFusionCharts.js and place it in the same folder: C:Program Files (x86)/Adobe/Adobe Dreamweaver CS4/Configuration/Shared/Extend/FusionCharts/JSRegards,Andrei Rinciog
Gianluca Pesci

post date:
2011-03-30 05:01:01
Hello,... ok ... .... new error : DynamicFusionCharts.js (erreur 2)Regards,a+luca
Gianluca Pesci

post date:
2011-03-30 05:12:31
Hi,ok, thanks.For the moment, is solved ...I copied and renamed the two files : Adobe Dreamweaver CS4/Configuration/Shared/Extend/FusionCharts/JS/ .... DynamicFusionCharts.js FusionCharts.jsRegards,a+luca