Easter Sale ! -20 on bundles and top extensions !

FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition Forum

box FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition
FusionCharts is a Dreamweaver Charting Extension that can be used to render data-driven & animated charts for web applications and presentations. FusionChartsDW is a cross-browser and cross-platform solution that can be used with ASP.VB, PHP, and ColdFusion to deliver interactive and powerful flash charts.

Find out more about FusionCharts for Dreamweaver - Developer Edition

Thread: Drill Down Charts

title left
User Details
Paul Oliver

post date:
2009-12-03 03:15:35
I am looking to create a drill down chart however nearly all the tutorials use PHP/MySQL do you have any for ASP and DW recordsets.In particular I would like an example of how to set the links for the drilldown chart
Cristian Dorobantescu [Extend Studio]

post date:
2009-12-03 03:46:24
Hi Paul,The drilldown feature is actually quite simple. You need to create first the detailed charts (meaning the charts where the user gets when clicking on the main chart graph). These detailed charts are regular charts - there is nothing special about them.When you have the detailed charts ready, you only need to add a link from the main chart to the detailed charts. If you look at this image http://www.extendstudio.com/documentation/fusioncharts-for-dw-developer-edition/documentation/_images/docs/drill-down-link.jpg you will see where to add the links manually (in the red highlighted square).You can do the linking from the database as well: http://www.extendstudio.com/documentation/fusioncharts-for-dw-developer-edition/documentation/_images/docs/drill-down-link-dynamic.jpgHere is the drill down documentation: http://www.extendstudio.com/documentation/fusioncharts-for-dw-developer-edition/documentation/docs/drill-down.htmlAs for the ASP dynamic question, here we have a tutorial on how to use dynamic charts: http://www.extendstudio.com/dynamic-web-charts-dreamweaver-fusioncharts-developer/Dynamic_Flash_Charts_FusionCharts_for_Dreamweaver.htmlThere aren't any differences besides the recordsets - you should do the recordsets that extract the data from the database, then select "Use data from already defined recordsets"
Paul Oliver

post date:
2009-12-03 04:48:56
Hi Christian,I have started creating dynamic charts and would now like to use drilldowns as well. Forgive me if i seem a little thick on this subject but i do not quite understand what info needs to be in each of the LINK & TARGET fieldscould you provide me with some type of example using the following demo dataCHART 1contains data for monthsCHART 2 is the detail chart and what I want is when the user clicks on the "Month" series in chart 1 then chart 2 displays the data for that particular month.I hope I have explained this fullyRegardsPaul Oliver
Cristian Dorobantescu [Extend Studio]

post date:
2009-12-03 05:44:20
Hi Paul,Things are easier than they seem!Let's say you have created the detail chart in a file called detail_chart.aspx and you make the SQLs inside to read an URL parameter called "month". So the URLs to this detail chart should be something like detail_charts.aspx?month=february Now, looking at this screenshot: http://www.extendstudio.com/documentation/fusioncharts-for-dw-developer-edition/documentation/_images/docs/drill-down-link.jpg on the main chart, you should select february and at the link you should but the page with the corresponding month parameter: detail_charts.aspx?month=februaryThe target - it refers to opening a new page when the user clicks on the link, or opening the detail chart in the same page.Let me know if you have more questions, I would be glad to help.Cristian
Paul Oliver

post date:
2009-12-03 06:10:11
Christian,I do not believe that I am explaining myself properlymy first chart is based on a dynamic recordset that shows data for all months in a selected year, the one I am testing with selects all data for 2008 which only includes Oct,Nov,Dechere is my recordset code<%Dim rsOTIF_2008MDim rsOTIF_2008M_cmdDim rsOTIF_2008M_numRowsSet rsOTIF_2008M_cmd = Server.CreateObject ("ADODB.Command")rsOTIF_2008M_cmd.ActiveConnection = MM_Charting_STRINGrsOTIF_2008M_cmd.CommandText = "SELECT * FROM QryOTIF4_Chart_MonthYear_Summary WHERE Year = 2008 AND Site = 'DES'" rsOTIF_2008M_cmd.Prepared = trueSet rsOTIF_2008M = rsOTIF_2008M_cmd.ExecutersOTIF_2008M_numRows = 0%>here is the generated data from fusion charts<%Dim dFCOTIFODD: Set dFCOTIFODD = new DWFChartOTIFODD_dataXML = ReadDisplayFile("../includes/FusionCharts/dynamic/data/fc_OTIFODD_data.asp")dFCOTIFODD.Init "OTIFODD", "StackedColumn2D", "../includes/FusionCharts/charts/", 800, 400, "", "", "", "", "", ""dFCOTIFODD.setVersion "1.1.0"dFCOTIFODD.setConfigXML OTIFODD_dataXMLdFCOTIFODD.setCategory rsOTIF_2008M, "bMonth", "useExport=true", "", rsOTIF_2008M_cmddFCOTIFODD.addSeries rsOTIF_2008M, "OD_CO", "linkColumn=OTIF_MonthDetails_2008_DES.asp?bMonth={bMonth}", "color='ff' seriesName='OD_CO' renderAs='Column' parentYAxis='P'", "default", "", rsOTIF_2008M_cmddFCOTIFODD.addSeries rsOTIF_2008M, "OD_MTO", "", "color='ff0000' seriesName='OD_MTO' renderAs='Column' parentYAxis='P'", "default", "", rsOTIF_2008M_cmddFCOTIFODD.setOrdering "None", "asc"dFCOTIFODD.prepareData %>this then displays the relevant data with the months on the x-axis and the values on the y-axisI then want to click on any of the 3 month columns and display the detailed data for that month in the detailed chartHere is the recordset data for that chart<%Dim rsOTIF_2008DailyDim rsOTIF_2008Daily_cmdDim rsOTIF_2008Daily_numRowsSet rsOTIF_2008Daily_cmd = Server.CreateObject ("ADODB.Command")rsOTIF_2008Daily_cmd.ActiveConnection = MM_Charting_STRINGrsOTIF_2008Daily_cmd.CommandText = "SELECT * FROM QryOTIF6_Chart_DailyData WHERE bMonth = ? AND Year = 2008 AND Site = 'DES'" rsOTIF_2008Daily_cmd.Prepared = truersOTIF_2008Daily_cmd.Parameters.Append rsOTIF_2008Daily_cmd.CreateParameter("param1", 200, 1, 255, rsOTIF_2008Daily__aMonth) ' adVarCharSet rsOTIF_2008Daily = rsOTIF_2008Daily_cmd.ExecutersOTIF_2008Daily_numRows = 0%>And here is the generated data from fusion charts<%Dim dFCOTID_ODD_DAILY: Set dFCOTID_ODD_DAILY = new DWFChartOTID_ODD_DAILY_dataXML = ReadDisplayFile("../includes/FusionCharts/dynamic/data/fc_OTID_ODD_DAILY_data.asp")dFCOTID_ODD_DAILY.Init "OTID_ODD_DAILY", "StackedColumn2D", "../includes/FusionCharts/charts/", 800, 400, "", "", rsOTIF_2008Daily.Fields.Item("bMonth").Value, "", "", ""dFCOTID_ODD_DAILY.setVersion "1.1.0"dFCOTID_ODD_DAILY.setConfigXML OTID_ODD_DAILY_dataXMLdFCOTID_ODD_DAILY.setCategory rsOTIF_2008Daily, "ShipDate", "useExport=true", "", rsOTIF_2008Daily_cmddFCOTID_ODD_DAILY.addSeries rsOTIF_2008Daily, "OD_CO", "", "color='ff' seriesName='OD_CO' renderAs='Column' parentYAxis='P'", "default", "", rsOTIF_2008Daily_cmddFCOTID_ODD_DAILY.addSeries rsOTIF_2008Daily, "OD_MTO", "", "color='ff0000' seriesName='OD_MTO' renderAs='Column' parentYAxis='P'", "default", "", rsOTIF_2008Daily_cmddFCOTID_ODD_DAILY.setOrdering "None", "asc"dFCOTID_ODD_DAILY.prepareData %>however when I click on the column in the first chart it appears that the parameter is not being passed as this is what I getADODB.Field error '800a0bcd' Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record. /OTIF/OTIF_MonthDetails_2008_DES.asp, line 28 this line relates to the bMonth parameter that I am trying to pass from the first chartRegardsPaul
Horea Radu [Extend Studio]

post date:
2009-12-05 11:41:29
Hi Paul,How does the URL look like when you click a column? Is the GET parameter missing or is the value wrong? Also, what columns does your query return?The code you posted looks ok. Can you send us a link so we can see what happens?Best regards,Horea RADU
Paul Oliver

post date:
2009-12-07 15:55:58
Paul Oliver

post date:
2009-12-07 16:02:51
Hi Horea,I cannot give you a link as this is on our company intranet however this is the problem.I have created 2 new charts to test this out the first chart has these parameters<%Dim dFCOTIF_Chart_MonthYear: Set dFCOTIF_Chart_MonthYear = new DWFChartOTIF_Chart_MonthYear_dataXML = ReadDisplayFile("includes/FusionCharts/dynamic/data/fc_OTIF_Chart_MonthYear_data.asp")dFCOTIF_Chart_MonthYear.Init "OTIF_Chart_MonthYear", "StackedColumn2D", "includes/FusionCharts/charts/", 800, 400, "", "", "", "", "", ""dFCOTIF_Chart_MonthYear.setVersion "1.1.0"dFCOTIF_Chart_MonthYear.setConfigXML OTIF_Chart_MonthYear_dataXMLdFCOTIF_Chart_MonthYear.setCategory rsOTIF_MonthYear, "bMonth", "", "", rsOTIF_MonthYear_cmddFCOTIF_Chart_MonthYear.addSeries rsOTIF_MonthYear, "MOD_CO", "linkColumn=OTIF_Chart_DayMonth.asp?bMonth={bMonth}", "color='ff' seriesName='MOD_CO' renderAs='Column' parentYAxis='P'", "default", "", rsOTIF_MonthYear_cmddFCOTIF_Chart_MonthYear.addSeries rsOTIF_MonthYear, "MOD_MTO", "", "color='ff0000' seriesName='MOD_MTO' renderAs='Column' parentYAxis='P'", "default", "", rsOTIF_MonthYear_cmddFCOTIF_Chart_MonthYear.setOrdering "None", "asc"dFCOTIF_Chart_MonthYear.prepareData %>As you can see I am passing the column {bMonth} as the filter however when I click on the column this is what is passedhttp://rigidnet/OTIF_Chart_DayMonth.asp?bMonththerfore the parameter is not being passed in the querystringand I get the message "No data to display"RegardsPaul Oliver
Andrei Rinciog [Extend Studio]

post date:
2009-12-14 11:54:58
Hi Paul,It seems like the equal sign after "bMonth" is breaking the code. You need to use the URL encode for the equal sign: ' % 3D ' (without any space in it).So your link will look like this: http://rigidnet/OTIF_Chart_DayMonth.asp?bMonth% 3DvalueRegards,Andrei