Easter Sale ! -20 on bundles and top extensions !

Creative DW Menus Pack Forum

box Creative DW Menus Pack
Creative DW Menu Pack is a suite of Dreamweaver extensions that seamlessly blends the flexibility of DHTML and the Flash look and feel to create beautifully web site menus. The extension comes with over 30 built in skins that can be customized to suit the design (colors, fonts, size) and include a smart resize system that preserves round corners and the gradient fills when you change the menu size.

Find out more about Creative DW Menus Pack

Thread: Possible fix for menues in Safari and Mozilla

title left
User Details
Rick Wingrove

post date:
2009-01-19 09:44:27
My vertical menues worked fine in IE but had serious displacement issues in Safari and Mozilla. The very first Item in the menu appeared as expected but the submenues were displaced laterally and irregularly. Text was fractured, some text acting like new buttons on the main menu, while some text was appearing as individual submenu buttons.rnrnLong story short, the spaces in the button text were the culprit. Any submenuitem with a space character would affect all main menu and sub menu items below it.rnrnI went into the HTML and replaced all spaces with " " (non-breaking space, without the quotes) so that a menu item such as "Big Cat" would appear in the HTML as "Big&nbspCat". rnrnThis would then show up on the menu as Big&nbspCat, but all of the main and sub menu items worked and appeared correctly. I them went back to the HTML, removed the &nbsp, and typed a space IN THE HTML.rnrnFor some reason which I do not understand, the space in the text, works differently than the space character in the HTML, but it has solved my problem.
Andrei Rinciog [Extend Studio]

post date:
2009-01-20 05:12:39
Hello Rick,Thank you for posting the solution. I hope that many will take advantage of this. If you have any problems in the future please write to us again.Best regards,Andrei Rinciog