Winter Holidays Sale 2014

Creative DW Menus Pack Forum

box Creative DW Menus Pack
Creative DW Menu Pack is a suite of Dreamweaver extensions that seamlessly blends the flexibility of DHTML and the Flash look and feel to create beautifully web site menus. The extension comes with over 30 built in skins that can be customized to suit the design (colors, fonts, size) and include a smart resize system that preserves round corners and the gradient fills when you change the menu size.

Find out more about Creative DW Menus Pack

Thread: Gave up!

title left
User Details
David Medina

post date:
2008-01-31 00:57:59
I am sorry to say but after one two week of trying I gave up. Either I need to know more than I know or it does not work as advertised.It says that even beginners can use it, but I consider myself intermideate user and cannot make it work at all.I first tried using div tags and layesr and it would work in Firefox but not in Safari.Then, I decided to go back to basic tables and stil don't owk at all!I am only using a three cell table in the design. One is for the menu. It suppose to be at the top, but when I upload it and look at it on Safari the menu won't show up at the top but at the bottom left.I am wasting to much time so I will use basic navegation.I am dissapointed because I was excited about it.
Catalin Serban [Extend Studio]

post date:
2008-01-31 08:12:33
Hello David,My colegue, miss Monica Chitu, had wrote you on this forum, telling that we have made some tests on Safari and everything works fine, the menu was in the right place and we had requested a screenshot and informations about Safary version in order to further help you. Unfortuantely you havnt wrote us and we considered that you have rezolved the issue. It will be great if you can give it another try because I am sure that we can solve this issue.Regards,Catalin SerbanHere is what Monica Chitu wrote you:----------------------------------------------------------------------------Hello David,We have made some tests on Safari and everything works fine, the menu is in the right place. Please send us a screenshot and tell us which version of Safari you have.Unfortunately we have noticed another problem, on any browser but Safari, the menus are shown under the Flash. In order to overlay the menu over the Flash we need to give that swf another parameter: WMODE with the value TRANSPARENT. More about wmode and why to use it can be found on the adobe website.Why does the Flash movie which should be under the menu dropdowns need to be transparent?Declaring wmode="transparent? allows you to overlap the movie with other elements on the HTML page. The default mode is available by either choosing not to specify any wmode, or by using wmode="window", but this way all other elements on page that need to overlay you banner will be rendered underneath. Why is this happening is because by default, with wmode="window", browsers place embedded plug-in content, such as a Flash movie or Java applet, on the topmost layer.You can also check this adobe tutorial:http://www.adobe.com/support/flash/ts/documents/wmode/transparent_dw.htm Sincerely,Monica Chitu.
David Medina

post date:
2008-01-31 08:46:27
I did email her directly with the screen shot and with the inof she requested. But I haven't received an answer yet from her.I did everything she suggested, I set the wmode to transparent on my flash movie. Nothing.I am using Leopard and the lastest Safari browser. I have tried from 3 different mac and I get the same distortion.Even using a table instead of the div tag I get a distorted menu bar. In the past I have used similar plugins but for Windows OS and I have never had so much problems.Maybe you should post step by step instructions on how to place a menu in position.
Catalin Serban [Extend Studio]

post date:
2008-01-31 09:01:38
We have received only a Dreamweaver screenshot,We want a Firefox mac scrrenshot so we can see exactly what is happening.Regards,Catalin Serban