Advanced Chart Features > Trendlines &Zones
Trendlines are special lines which are used to mark specific values on the y-axis, they are used for conveying a special message to the audience of the chart. For instance a trend Line may be used on a company's sales chart to indicate target revenue.
FusionCharts for Dreamweaver also allows you to define a trendzone. A trendzone is used to ear-mark certain range of values, the following example demonstrates the implication of Trendzones.
Trendlines are defined in the 'Defined Trendlines' section which is located under the 'Chart Selection' tab. The 'Defined Trendlines' section comprises of three buttons which are;
- Add: The 'Add' button is used for creating a new trendline, clicking on this button launches the 'Trendline Parameters' panel.
- Edit: The 'Edit' Button is used for editing an existing TrendLine. Before using the edit option you need to first select a pre-defined trendline. The 'Edit' button launches the 'Trendline Parameters' panel which displays data pertaining to the currently selected Trendline.
- Delete: The 'Delete' button is used for deleting a TrendLine. To delete a TrendLine select any pre-defined trendline and then click the 'Delete' button to delete it.
Trendlines configuration interface section
TrendLine Parameters Panel
The 'TrendLine Parameters' panel is divided into two sections which are;
- Define trendline
- Set trendline styles
TrendLine Parameters panel
Following configuration options are available under the 'Define trendline' section of the 'Trendline Parameters' panel.
- startValue : In this field you can specify y axis value at which the trendLine will be created..
- endvalue: In this field you can specify the end value of the trendline. Setting an end value for the trendline will cause the trendline to be displayed as a slanted line - unless you have enabled the 'isTrendZone' parameter..
- displayValue: Text entered in the 'displayValue' field will be displayed in the trendline label. The trendline label helps in conveying the purpose of the trendline to the audience of the chart.
- Display Axis: This option allows you to choose either the primary y-axis or the secondary y-axis as the axis of the trendline. Specifying the axis becomes mandatory for Dual Y-axis Charts.
Following configurable options are available under the 'Set trendline style' section
- color: This option allows you to customize the color of the trendline.
- alpha: This option allows you to set the alpha value of the trendline, alpha value may be specified in the range of 0 - 100.
This option allows you to set the thickness of the trendline by specifying a value in pixels.
- isTrendZone: Turning on this option will convert the region between the 'starValue' and the 'endValue' into a trendzone.
- showOnTop: If enabled, this parameter causes the trendlines to be displayed on top of the data plot. This parameter works only with 2D charts.
- valueOnRight: This option causes the trendline label to be dispalyed on the right side of the chart rather than the left side.
- dashed: Turning on this option will cause the trendline to be displayed as a dashed line.
- dashLen: This option is applicable only when the 'dashed' option is turned on, this option is used to specify he length of each dash, the value has to be specified in terms of pixels.
- dashGap: This option is used to specify the length of the gap separating two dashes, the value has to be specified in terms of pixels.