In this tutorial we will use Creative TextFX to create an In Effect that we will leave on the stage; you will see how fast and powerful the component is and also how easy it is to start using it.
Firstly I just want to remind you that, in order to be able to solve the tutorial, you will need the Creative TextFX extension installed on your computer; if you encounter any problems while doing that, please visit the “How to install an extension” tutorial.
1. Let’s start by opening Flash and creating a new Flash file – ActionScript 3.0. Right click on the stage to open the Document Properties window. Name the file “How to create a simple In effect”, set its dimensions to 400×200 pixels and the background color to white (#FFFFFF). Set the frame rate to 35 fps.
2. From the Components panel (CTRL+F7), drag an instance of Creative TextFX on the stage; following, open the component’s configuration interface from the top menu: Window>Other Panels>TextFX Panel.
3. In the Text tab, the target text field, insert the text “Sample text on two (ENTER) different lines”; select the font face Arial, size 26, and color black (000000) – make sure the text is selected so that the changes will take effect. Press Embed Fonts to embed the used text into the file’s library.
4. In the Properties window, set the position of the component on the stage at X= 80.0, Y= 130.0 coordinates.
5. From the Time Manager, enable the In and Delay elements, but leave the Wait and Out elements disabled; also, make sure the Loop option is disabled. Set the delay time to 10 frames.
6. From the In Effect tab, select as the effect to use Helicopter and its preset Extend_settle. Let’s configure the effect to last 70 frames; make sure that the Load Preset Duration is unchecked. Also, let’s change the easing function to Regular and the easing type to easeIn; as you can see, Creative TextFX is very customizable as with the change of a single parameter (Easing Function), you can obtain 5 different appearances of the same effect. Leave the effect parameters with their initial configuration.
7. Press CTRL+Enter to preview your file.
This tutorial was made using:
Creative TextFX v2
|Creative DW Image Show PRO v2 is a Dreamweaver extension that enables you to create remarkable eye-catching Flash banners with Image and text effects, Flash slideshows and any other multimedia presentations in Dreamweaver without the need for Flash.|
Thank you for your time and I hope this tutorial was useful to you. I invite you to read the rest of our tutorials and check out our other products on www.extendstudio.com.